Our school is preparing graduates to succeed in high-caliber secondary schools. Here’s how:
- Full accreditation by the Middle States Association Commission on Elementary and Secondary Schools
- Data-driven instruction and use of robust data analysis to monitor classroom results and student growth, enabling us to rapidly adjust to student needs
- Network-wide implementation of the research-based math curriculum Eureka Math to improve student achievement in mathematics
- Network-wide implementation of top-rated English Language Arts (ELA) curriculums: CKLA for Pre-K and EL Education for K-8
- Hiring and training principals to be instructional leaders with a primary focus on curriculum, instruction, and supporting teachers in the classroom
- Teacher development and coaching led by the central office team and school leader
Structured Learning Support
To help students meet grade-level standards, we offer a small group reading and literacy program and a small group math program.
Our students are introduced to widely-used foreign languages such as Mandarin and Spanish. They achieve a conversational level in these languages and they learn about the culture of people associated with the foreign language.
Students are developing computer technology skills, focusing on digital citizenship, computer literacy, productivity app adeptness, and coding. All our classrooms are equipped with SMARTboards and all students are provided with laptops.
Music and Physical Education
Students learn the foundations of music and are exposed to different music genres to increase appreciation. Physical education teaches the foundations of sports and sportsmanship. Students gain the knowledge, skills, and confidence to be physically active for a lifetime.
Awards motivate academic progress and good behavior in students. We present awards for Highest Average, Student of the Month, Subject Awards, Perfect Attendance, and Effort/Persistence.